Wednesday, June 17, 2015

June 9 2015

Hello family!!
Family!!!
Love and miss you all. 
Here's a picture of Marimoto and Mabel Skype!! So this is the BEST! She's Philippino and he's Japanese and they haven't had the best relationship but we can see it growing as they learn about the gospel. They're actually the elders investigators, but now half ours as Mabel need all the lessons again in English cause her English is better than her Japanese. BUT she's obviously best at Tagalog. So recently toget them together we've been sloping with the, just reading the Book of Mormon, they are SO fun together, definitely highlight of week. She reads in Tagalog he reads in Japanese and we read in English, it's AMAZING!!ly difficult..and amazing how the spirit can be there. He is the only one who speaks all three languages.

Japanese prophecies. Wow. There are so many amazing prophecies about the Japanese mission since it opened. It will open up the other orientalist countries(true! Korea!! Here we come all of China!) there will be a Japanese apostle in the 12..WHAT?!?! YOSH!!!

Miracles: Mabel's Skype, meeting people who are interested! Running into people were going looking for. TEMPLE!!! Felt like I was home, feared up quite s bit, it's SO AMAZING how the church is the same EVERYWHERE you go. That no matter where you are, you can find home in the gospel. That has been a wonderful comfort to me here on the otherwise of the world.

Kawaguchi shimai. This is where the challenge comes in. Oh man, so scared and almost excited about this, haha. So Kawaguchi Shimai had almost she wanted to be baptized end o this month, but her husband is super hantai and when she told him he said N O and she couldn't even come to church on Sunday. Super sad. So we just got together with her to see how she's doing with it all, ended up having a REALLY a good discussion where both Fuggle Shimai and I recognized the gift of tongues present in that room. We found out she doesn't have a testimony of the restoration. Okay. Stop right? Haha it was a good thing that this month didn't happen. Haha. So side story, I've been reading the Book of Mormon front to cover during the time I'm being trained. So I had the math figured out that you can read it in 12 weeks by reading a 3chapters a day. Sooooo we challenged Kawaguchi Shimai to do this, then for some reason and some how we said we would do it with her.....in Japanese. Need I remind you....I don't speak Japanese. Haha but o committed to it. I told her I'd do it! And now I'm telling you. Man, that's so scary right? But I knew then and I know now that the Lord is going to help me, and her. Together this experience is going to change our lives. So here I want to ask for your help and support in this 12 week challenge. Will you read the Book of Mormon cover to cover with me for he next 12 weeks, with a question like Kawaguchi Shimai's in mind, praying before and after study each day about your question.  Then the day we finish, pray. With all fervency of soul that the our Father in Heaven will answer yours, and each of our questions? Don't worry my challenge gets harder. Will you do this is the language you spoke on your mission? Weather your "mission" was 4 years of high school, or two years in Artemtina, what ever you think your "mission" has been, the language you spoke, will you read with me(read or listen to a recording)? I know this is a challenging challenge..as all challenges should be.but feel free to change the expectations around to fit your own needs and abilities. I know The lord will bless you in your efforts. We start on Wednesday:) the 11. 

I love you all. Remember as I strive to remember that with the Lord we can do all things.

Hugs
エバンズ�妹












No comments:

Post a Comment