Sunday, April 26, 2015

4/23/15

April 23 2015
Hello Family and loved ones!
This week I memorized both baptismal commitments, and almost have Joseph Smith's first vision down. What a wonderful experience that was. Prior to learning the baptismal commitments, we had a lesson we were a little nervous about, because we didn't have any prep time. But we had been praying all day for the lesson and Kitamurason. It was such a powerful lesson in which, the spirit was so strong. I know that it was 100% due to the fact that heavenly Father is so mindful. We asked him how his prayers had been going, and he said he hadn't really felt anything. "Have a made mistakes in my prayers, am I doing it wrong?" my heart broke a little, but was filled with spirit as we were able to testify that Heavenly Father DOES answer prayers. We just have to listen. We invited him to pray right then, ask Heavenly Father if He loves him, then listen. The spirit was so strong. In that moment We all felt the love that Heavenly Father has for Kitamura, and for each of us individually. We told him that through baptism he could have the spirit with him always, and asked him if he would be baptised with very impolite unknowledgable nihongo. Demo the spirit was so strong, he said yes, and we have been preparing him for this sacred ordinance. Immediately after the lesson, I went and memorized the proper commitment. hahah I hope to use it in our next lesson with Aoyagison, our other investigator. We're teaching the restoration tomorrow! I'm so excited. I've had so many powerful opportunities to ponder Joseph Smith's story. We've been working on memorizing the first vision like I said, and sang, "Oh How Lovely Was The Morning" durring tuesday's devotional. The spirit again so powerfully testified to me that Joseph Smith truly saw God the Father and His son. That they appeared to him in a grove of trees and spake to him. Through Joseph Smith Kamisama was able to reestablished His church, the same church He set up when He was on the Earth. The priesthood is here, and we can see those same miracles. 
Kono Kyokai wa shinjitsu da to shitaimasu.
Much love to you all,
Evans Shimai

PS Holy cow. This was something I was just blown away by. My companion Sister Norris has alopecia which is a super rare case that basically just kills all of your hair. Shes 100% healthy. Anyway. She had never met anyone her age with the same condition before. Then a few weeks ago, we met an elder going to argentina who has it! She was SOO excited! "HOLY COW I FOUND MY TWIN!!!!!! I NEVER THOUGHT!" It was such a cool experience. But then it got even cooler. Somehow "either alopecia or God knew" a Nihonjin with alopecia came last week!!! "WHAT THE HECK WHAT THE HECK WHAT THE HECK!" for like 30 minutes. hahaha she was so happy. it was such a cool experience. It was a testiment to me that the Lord is SO mindful. Of Each individual. If we look around, we are never alone.





No comments: